No matter how well you take care of your skin, signs of ageing like wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet will make their way onto your face. But, sometimes you may start noticing ageing signs too early like in your 20s and early 30s. Prolonged sun exposure, pollution, stress, lack of sleep, poor diet and even smoking can hasten the appearance of wrinkles and other ageing signs. If you ignore them and let them grow, you can end up losing your youthful glow too early. But, if you make a little effort to deal with these changes then you may even be able to prevent them from progressing as you get older. Here is how you can stop first signs of ageing in their tracks:
- It is never too early to start caring for your skin. Right skincare routine can help you maintain your youthful and glowing skin. Cleaning, toning and moisturising, twice a day is essential to keep skin healthy and avoid developing those tell-tale signs.
- Regular use of a moisturizing eye cream can help keep the eye area supple and less prone to crow’s feet. You can easily reduce their appearance of these lines around eyes by using creams that contain active agents like retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids and copper peptides.
- Harmful sun rays can cause early pigmentation and deep wrinkles to become more noticeable. Keep sun exposure to a minimum and apply sunscreen with SPF at least 15 to prevent further damage. Using make-up with SPF can add another layer of protection. Avoid tanning beds and sunbathing.
- Smoking speeds up the appearance of facial lines and make them deeper. If you are a smoker, you will start getting lines around mouth due to puffing. Quitting is the most effective way to stop these wrinkles from progressing.
- Dryness can cause wrinkles to appear early on in life. To stay moist and elastic, your skin needs hydration from inside. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Fruits and herbal teas can also make up for the supply of fluids in your body.
- For staving off dullness and discolouration, increase your intake of antioxidants like pomegranates, blueberries and green tea. It will help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
You can also use anti-ageing products like creams, lotions and serums to restore the youthful glow on your face. There are several surgical options like peels, dermal fillers, lasers and botox that can fight signs of ageing.