We all know rosacea is a difficult condition to deal with. Continuous facial redness and breakouts are also really embarrassing. But, things can be controlled if you combine rosacea treatment with gentle skin care products. When you have rosacea, irritation and redness are the two things you need to deal with. While most rosacea treatment products available on the market can help relieve redness, there are lot of other things that can aggravate problems. Hence, you will have to make sure that while you these products you avoid all these factors. Here are some tips that can help you:
- Avoid products that contain ingredients which might trigger outbreak or cause burns and allergy. Alcohol, witch hazel, fragrance, menthol, peppermint and eucalyptus oil are known be the most irritating ingredients. Astringents and exfoliating agents should also be avoided as they are harsh on skin.
- Fragrances are another thing that must be avoided. Most of the products on the market add lots of fragrance that are nothing but chemicals that you might be allergic to. It has been found that fragrances cause more allergies and also weaken the skin. Buy creams, lotion and other makeup products that are fragrance-free and anti-allergy.
- While choosing a cleanser for your skin make sure you pick the one that suits your skin type. For dry to normal skin, non-soap cleansers that are formulated for sensitive or redness-prone skin are available. People with extremely dry skin should opt for creamy, low-foaming, non-soap cleanser. Most people with rosacea have a sensitive skin, so opt for gentle cleanser with soothing ingredients.
- When you buy treatment product for controlling facial redness, make sure it also clears off acne and slows down premature ageing. You can expect to load a layer of different products. We recommend you to try Skinception Rosacea Relief Serum.
- Although sun protection is a must have for everyone, it is highly essential for rosacea sufferers. Excessive exposure to sun rays can trigger rosacea outbreaks. Select sunscreen that is designed especially for sensitive skin. Go for non-chemical sunscreens that contain zinc or titanium dioxide. It is imperative to ensure that the product delivers UVA/UVB protection and has an SPF of 15 or higher.
- While buying any product, make sure that you use it on your face or try it on a patch of skin in an area such as neck. Wait for 24 hours to see the reaction of the product. This will help you avoid products that might cause allergic reaction on your skin.
- Moisturizer is essential for preventing the burning, itching and irritation. If you are using serum then too you must use moisturiser. While buying the one for yourself, make sure that it doesn't contain any allergic ingredient. To play it safe, go for natural products with calming and soothing ingredients.
- If you wish to buy foundation and concealer for covering the redness and making the skin tone even, then opt for oil-free products. It is also essential to pick the right shade to cover the marks on skin. For foundation pick the one that matches your natural skin tone, while for concealer go for one shade lighter than your skin tone.
- Although rosacea patients should avoid using blushers, there are mineral powder blushers that can be used sparingly. Buy the one which is light in colour. Along with blusher, buy an antibacterial brush for applying it.
- Last but not the least. If you have rosacea consider reducing the number of products that your use and avoid experimenting with new products. Keep using the old ones that suit your skin.
If you keep these tips in mind, you will be able to control your facial redness and avoid frequent breakouts.